What is a snow globe? Snow globes are usually glass spheres with a small amount of water with some glitter and coloring, but other types of objects can also be used. They’re popular decorations for tables at parties or to put on your desk in the winter to remind you of snow. This article will teach you how to make one!
What you’ll need before making snow globes
Making snow globes is a complex job that requires planning and preparation. To make your snow globe, you’ll need a few supplies:
- You’ll need a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- You’ll need some glycerin, which you can find at most craft stores.
- You’ll need some fake snow (or you can use glitter).
How to make a snow globe: the basics
Making your snow globe is a fun and easy project you can do with the whole family. Follow these steps to create your one-of-a-kind snow globe.
1. Choose a jar or container for your snow globe. Any clear glass container will work. You can also find special snow globe kits at craft stores.
2. Decide what you want to put inside your snow globe. This could be a small figurine, a holiday decoration, or even some pretty stones or shells.
3. Add some glue to the back of your chosen item and place it inside the jar.
4. Fill the jar with distilled water, leaving about an inch of space at the top.
5. Add a few drops of glycerin or light oil to the water. This will help keep the “snow” suspended in the water.
6. Screw the lid tight and give your snow globe a shake!
Types of Christmas Snow Globes
There are three main types of snow globes: the classic globe, the musical globe, and the light-up globe.
Classic snow globes are the most traditional and popular type. It typically features a glass dome with a scene inside, such as a winter landscape or holiday scene. The dome is filled with water and glitter, and the base is usually made of glass or plastic.
Musical snow globes are similar to classic snow globes, but they also play music. They usually have a wind-up key on the side that activates the music when turned. Popular songs for musical snow globes include “Jingle Bells” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”
Light-up snow globes are a more recent invention. They feature LED lights inside the globe that create a magical glow. Many light-up snow globes also play music, making them even more festive.
As a manufacturer of Christmas decorations, AOFUTE provides a one-stop business from quotation, design, manufacturing, testing, packaging, inspection, delivery, and after-sales service. We can produce all types of snow globes, snow lanterns, and acrylic decorative lamps supported by custom and wholesale. Welcome to send us your design draft or production request for a free quote!
Making your snow globe is a fun and easy project that you can do with materials you probably already have around the house. With just a few simple steps, you can create a beautiful and unique snow globe that will make a great gift or decoration for your home. Give it a try today and see how much fun you can have making your snow globes!